The name of the group is TEME VALLEY ENVIRONMENT GROUP.
The group’s aims are
- To promote the wellbeing of local people and the local economy while protecting and conserving the environment with prudent use of resources, by:
- Initiating, promoting and supporting projects that extend local sustainability and public benefit, in areas such as food production, energy, health and wellbeing, transport, housing and livelihoods.
- Engaging, including and educating the local public in the above; offering advice and assistance
- Conducting research to this end and sharing the useful results of such work.
- CARRYING OUT THE AIMS
In order to carry out the aims of the group, the committee may
- raise funds and receive contributions.
- co-operate with other groups and organisations
- do all such other lawful things as are necessary to achieve the aims.
Membership of the group is open to any person who wants to support the aims of the group. An up to date membership list will be kept.
- ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
- The Annual General Meeting will be held in the month of March with 14 days notice given to all members.
- The committee will present the annual report and accounts.
- Members can put themselves forward for election to the committee at the AGM.
- Every member has one vote.
- Members will elect the Chair, Treasurer and Secretary for the coming year, and up to 20 other committee members.
- The committee will hold at least two meetings each year.
- At least three members of the committee must be present at a meeting to be able to take decisions.
- The committee will keep minutes and maintain accounts which can be viewed by any member on request.
- The committee may appoint five co-opted members in addition to those elected at the AGM. Co-opted members will not have voting rights.
- Committee members must not be paid or gain financially from the group
- Funds will be held in a bank account operated by the committee in the name of the group. All cheques must be signed by two committee members.
- Funds shall only be used to support the aims of the group.
- THE CONSTITUTION
Changes to the constitution or a decision to wind up the group must be confirmed by a majority of members present and voting at a general meeting for all members called with 14 days notice. Any assets remaining will be given to a charity with similar aims.
- ARRANGEMENTS UNTIL FIRST GENERAL MEETING
This constitution was adopted on the 18th day of November 2009 by the people whose signatures appear below, who will act as the committee until the first AGM.